Creating modern tourism and leisure opportunities
Emerging research. Informing industry. Interdisciplinary appeal.
Aspiring to become one of the nation's leading research groups in tourism, hospitality, events, sport and leisure, the Centre for Tourism and Leisure Management’s mission is to conduct quality research to facilitate and inform management practices in the tourism and leisure industries.
Our areas of expertise allow us conduct specialist research under the following themes:
- entrepreneurship and enterprise performance in tourism, hospitality and events
- event management, event visitor experiences, impact of events
- health and wellness, lifestyle
- internationalisation of hospitality, China hospitality industry, destination image
- service quality and operational management in the events, sports, and leisure industries
- sociology of hospitality and tourism
- tourism behaviour, market segmentation and destination marketing
- understanding tourism and leisure experiences
Sport management is now big business and requires a business-like approach. Dr Ian O’Boyle helps leading sports organisations maximise their performance by modernising their governance and streamlining their structures, and leads a UniSA team that provides operational benchmarking for sports, leisure and aquatic facilities across Australia.
CERM PI is an international leader in applied research focussing on benchmarking and performance management in the sport and leisure industries. Our approach is underpinned by academic rigour to enable organisations assess their performance relative to industry best practice in the areas of customer service quality, operational management, governance and leadership.
Dr. Ian O'Boyle
Worldwide growth in tourism demand has resulted in unprecedented levels of competition among destinations as they try to capture their share of the tourism pie.
Multicultural festivals have emerged in many contexts to celebrate culture, community and harmony. While the social role of multicultural festivals is generally well-recognised, associated benefits are easily overlooked.
From the roar of the V8 Supercars, to the creativity and colour of the Festival of Arts, it is difficult to imagine life without events.
Centre for Tourism and Leisure Management
City West Campus, Elton Mayo Building, 55 North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000