FAQs for students
EB is an initiative of the UniSA Business School which ensures that all business students are given the opportunity to attain experience during their studies.
The unit oversees student placements which are undertaken within course work as well as working with course coordinators to ensure programs have good industry links and authentic assessment items to enhance student employability.
Undergraduate students have multiple options based on the number of electives available in their program as well as the program that they are studying.
Postgraduate students may enrol in BUSS 5396 (Professional Experience in Business) as a 4.5 unit elective if they have sufficient space in their program.
Yes. The University provides Professional Indemnity, Public Liability and Personal Accident students for all students undertaking a placement as part of their course work.
Students who locate their own placement and do not enrol in a course of study are NOT covered by the University’s insurance unless working with through Career Unit of the University.
- Complete the online application form
- Attend an interview with a member of the Experience Business team
- Once approved for enrolment, students apply for an override to be accepted.
- Once the override is approved, complete enrolment as directed.
You will work with your organisation to design a project, series of mini projects or an experience which allows you to apply your discipline theory to work that you may perform once you graduate. Examples of past projects in your discipline area can be found at https://ep.unisa.edu.au/view/view.php?id=8786
You are required to complete the listed number of days for the course that you have enrolled in. If you cannot attend due to illness you are expected to contact your organisation supervisor, advise them of your absence and negotiate a day to catch up the missed work.
Placements give students the opportunity to
- Link theories learnt to real world business environment
- Develop professional skills under the guidance of a host supervisor and an academic mentor
- Build industry networks
- Gain confidence in working with a diverse group of people in varying levels of seniority
- Gain valuable experience to put you ahead of others when applying for positions after graduation
The Experience Business office is located in Y1-48 (City West Campus), so feel free to drop in or email us for an appointment: firstname.lastname@example.org