Three Minute Thesis
- Are you a UniSA Business School research degree student?
- Do you want to improve your professional presentation skills?
- Do you want to receive training to be a professional presenter?
- Could you explain your thesis in just three minutes?
Participants have 3 minutes to present a compelling oration on their thesis topic and its significance in language appropriate to an intelligent, but non-specialist, audience. It is not an exercise in trivialising or 'dumbing down' research. The oration should engage the audience without reducing research to entertainment value alone. Communicating research is an important skill for anyone considering a future in research - to present the oral defence of your thesis, teaching, presenting at conferences and it might just get you the funding or the job you need! Competitors commonly report that the experience helped them 'crystallise' thoughts about their thesis and how they communicate its concepts and design.
- PhD students who have passed their confirmation of candidature milestone, and have not submitted their thesis for examination, by the date of the first presentation at the Business School heats, are eligible to particpate in the competition.
- Masters by Research students who have passed their confirmation of candidature milestone, and have not submitted their thesis for examination, by the date of the first presentation at the Business School heats are eligible to participate in the Business School heats and finals, but are not eligible to progress to the UniSA Grand Final.
The top two UniSA Business School PhD and Masters by Research participants will receive a Myer Gift Card, and the PhD finalist/s will also progress to the UniSA Grand Final.
Three Minute Thesis(3MT®) is an academic competition developed by The University of Queensland (UQ), Australia.
Registration for the 2017 3MT Competition is now open. If you are interested in participating, register by Monday 19 June.
2016 UniSA Business School 3MT PhD Winner
Samaneh Soleimani, School of Marketing
2016 UniSA Business School 3MT PhD Runner-up
Ammar Asbi, School of Commerce
2016 UniSA Business School 3MT Masters by Research Winner
Ella Ward, School of Marketing
2016 UniSA Business School 3MT Masters by Research Runner-up
Kirsten Victory, School of Marketing