Research vacation scholarships
Are you an undergraduate UniSA student curious about research? Do you want some extra money during the summer break?
If you answered yes to the questions above, find out whether research is your future career. Apply for a High Achiever Research Vacation scholarship and get paid for it!
Who can apply?
UniSA undergraduate students who are completing their 2nd, 3rd or final year or their Honours year.
Research is conducted in a UniSA Business School institute, centre or school in areas of research strength for up to eight weeks, usually between November and February.
How much will I get paid?
$300 per week for the agreed tenure, which is up to eight weeks.
How do I apply?
- Look through the list of 2018 Business School projects available at the link above and find one that interests you.
- Contact the Project Supervisor to discuss the project prior to submitting your application. The Project Supervisor is required to provide a supporting statement and approve your application.
- Read and follow the application instructions (PDF 327kb).
- Apply through myScholarships, accessed via your myUniSA student portal.
- Complete the application support form (Word doc, 99kb) together with your myScholarships application.
- Scholarships are competitive and based on academic merit.
- Placement is for a minimum of 4 weeks to a maximum of 8 weeks between November and February each year.
- To accommodate the Christmas/New Year closure of 1.5 weeks, the period of tenure may be taken in two blocks of time, subject to approval from supervisory staff.
- The scholarship is expected to be undertaken on a full-time basis (38 hours per week) for the period of the scholarship. Hours/duration of work are to be agreed upon with your supervisor prior to the acceptance and commencement of your project.
- Students are eligible for the centrally funded Research Vacation Scholarship only once througout their Undergraduate/Honours degree. However, as additional scholarships may be allocated funding from schools/divisions, applications from previous recipients will be accepted for consideration. Advice should be sought directly from the relevant school/division. Please refer to project information list above for contact details.
- Your application will require the support of the project supervisor. If you were previously unknown to the researcher, you are encouraged to submit a separate supporting statement from an academic staff member who can comment on your academic abilities.
- This scholarship is highly competitive based on academic merit and the availability of researchers in your area of interest and unfortunately not all applicants or projects will be funded.
- Successful applicants cannot defer the scholarship and must take it up during the time nominated.
As a condition of the scholarship, you are required to write a short Final Report (1 or 2 pages) on the research undertaken and submit it a few days before the end of the scholarship period to your supervisor(s), with a copy to the Scholarships and Candidature Team, Student and Academic Services: firstname.lastname@example.org